"In the blink of an eye, it’s school time again. Children tend to copy our behavior, so set an example. This is a nutritious lunch idea for you to pack for your child’s lunch, but you won’t spend a whole lot of time preparing it. An insulated lunch bag and small ice packs are a must for transporting it to school safely and easily."
- 8-inch whole wheat tortilla
- 2 tsp. reduced fat Kraft garlic and herb mayonnaise or light plain mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 slice fat free American cheese
- 3 slices deli-shaved oven roasted turkey breast
- 1/4 red apple
- 1 Tbsp. orange or lemon juice
Thinly slice apple. Dip slices in juice (to prevent apple from browning), remove from juice and set slices aside. Spread mayonnaise on tortilla. Layer on top lettuce, cheese, turkey and apple slices. Roll up like a jellyroll and cut into two pieces. Makes 1 serving.
Nutrition information per serving: 243 calories (24% from fat), 7 grams total fat, 2 grams saturated fat, 0 grams trans fat, 27 milligrams cholesterol, 31 grams carbohydrate, 4 grams dietary fiber, 1144 milligrams sodium, 18 grams protein.