By Karen Palmer, Registered Dietitian, North Memorial.
This is an easy recipe that everyone will enjoy. The great thing about this recipe is its flexibility. Feel free to grill other favorite vegetables as they will be delicious, too. Add some colorful marinated grilled vegetables to your next barbecue!
- 1 green pepper, seeded and sliced in eighths
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced in eighths
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and sliced in eighths
- 1 orange pepper, seeded and sliced in eighths
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 medium yellow squash, sliced into 1/4- inch-thick slices
- 1 large onion, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 3/4 cup fat-free Zesty Italian salad dressing
Prepare an indoor or outdoor grill. Toss together all ingredients in a large bowl and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Drain vegetables and reserve marinade. Place vegetables on grill over medium high heat. Grill until charred and tender, about 10-15 minutes, turning frequently. Transfer the vegetables to a large serving platter and drizzle with the reserved marinade. Serve at warm or room temperature. Makes 8 (1 cup) servings.
Nutrition information per serving: 48 calories (0% from fat), 0 grams total fat, 0 grams saturated fat, 0 grams trans fat, 0 milligrams cholesterol, 13 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams dietary fiber, 360 milligrams sodium, 2 grams protein.