The North Memorial Difference
- Ours is a comprehensive program. Our occupational therapists identify the patient’s goals and help them to adapt performance of their life skills that have been impacted by impairment. In addition to treating adults, our physical therapy program also handles pediatric patients.
- We provide outpatient therapy at three locations. In addition to inpatient care at North Memorial Medical Center in Robbinsdale, we serve outpatients at Elk River and Maple Grove.
At North Memorial, our occupational therapists identify the patient’s goals and help them to relearn or adapt some of the basic life skills that have been impacted due to cognitive or physical impairments. These life skills can range from self-care (feeding, grooming, and dressing) and home management to vocational/occupational skills and leisure time activities.
Our Services Include:
- Standardized Cognitive Assessments. Cognitive performance testing can provide families with information regarding possible need for supervision and/or assistance for family members with cognitive or memory concerns (available at Robbinsdale and Arbor Lakes).
- Constraint Induced Movement Therapy. Constraint Induced Movement Therapy (CIMT) is a two-week intensive therapy program for stroke survivors that helps increase arm and hand function. Research has shown that encouraging the use of the affected extremity to perform activities graded by the occupational therapist, results in increased ability to use the arm and hand for daily activities. For more information contact us at 763-581-3523 or 763-581-3521.
- Interactive Metronome. The Interactive Metronome program combines the concept of a musical metronome with a patented technology system that accurately measures and improves a person’s rhythm and timing and cognitive organization. This, in turn, can lead to improvements in: motor coordination, endurance, balance, attention, language processing and academic performance.
This service is available at the following locations:
Maple Grove, Minnesota