The North Memorial Difference
North Memorial’s Psychiatric Partial Hospital Program (PHP) is as an alternative to inpatient hospitalization. PHP is for people who are transitioning from an inpatient hospital admission or who, without family support, would otherwise need to be hospitalized for mental health concerns.
- At North Memorial, our program is multi-dimensional, to meet each patient’s unique needs. We balance psychotherapy, medication management, psycho-education and mind body medicine skills, such as meditation, as part of our treatment plans.
- Our team is wide-ranging in its specialties and abilities, all designed to benefit the patient. Our multi-disciplinary health care team includes psychiatrists, therapists (LICSW or LP), nurses, movement therapists, clinical operations manager and an office assistant.
The PHP program consists of:
- group psychotherapy
- movement therapies (Yoga, Tai Chi, Chi Gong, Relaxation/Breathing, etc.)
- mindfulness-based psychotherapy
- individual sessions with a psychiatrist (3 times per week),
- family and/or individual therapy as needed.
Patients are with us during the day and return home for evenings and weekends. The average stay ranges from 10 to 15 days, based on the patient’s needs and MD/clinical staff recommendations.
Patients need to commit to attending daily, Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. and participate to the best of their ability. Sustaining motivation and making progress toward goals are essential for continued participation and success. We recommend that patients refrain from alcohol and recreational drugs during this short-term intensive program.
Service available at: