Life experiences such as a terminal illness, dying, and death are often the most challenging that people face. Such experiences can result in people feeling like they have lost control of their life story. By providing knowledge, comfort, and support, North Memorial Hospice assists patients and their loved ones in continuing to be the authors of their life stories.
The North Memorial Difference
- End of life care that is individualized to each patient’s specific goals.
- “Whole person” approach that focuses on the physical, emotional, relational, and spiritual health of the patient and their loved ones.
- Our lakeside hospice residence is built into a serene woodland setting destined to soothe the needs of the body as well as the spirit.
Hospice care, which is a Medicare benefit, is for patients and loved ones that are adjusting to a life-limiting illness. Hospice’s goal is not to shorten or prolong life, but instead supports a patient in having the highest quality of life possible. North Memorial Hospice enhances quality of life by:
- Focusing on a patient’s life goals
- Providing care where the patient lives
- Managing physical symptoms
- Offering emotional, relational, and spiritual support
- Reducing hospitalizations
- Educating about illness and death
- Assisting loved ones with care, planning, and grief
Grief and Loss Support Programs
We offer monthly, quarterly and seasonal programs for those who are struggling with the loss of a loved one. For information support groups and seminars available, call 763-581-9590 or visit northmemorial.com/support.
Patient and Family Resources
- The National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization
- The Minnesota Network of Hospice & Palliative Care
- We Honor Veterans
- Honoring Choices Minnesota
- Medicare Hospice Benefits
Hospice care is provided by: