North Memorial’s Women and Children's Services focuses on serving patients and their families from birth to adulthood. Our Family Birth Center provides care for all families, including high-risk care for mothers from our Maternal Fetal Medicine Center or for babies in our Level III Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and our certified Lactation Consultants provide mothers with breastfeeding support and guidance.
Our expert medical professionals, including obstetricans, nurses and certified nurse midwives offer a balanced approach to gynecological care – one that meets both the physical and emotional needs of women of all ages. At North Memorial, you can expect high-quality care in a healing environment.
The North Memorial Difference
- We provide the highest level of prenatal care. North Memorial takes care of prenatal high-risk mothers in our Maternal Fetal Medicine Center. Our maternal-fetal specialists are available 24/7 and provide specialized testing, monitoring and treatment for both you and your baby before delivery.
- We offer the highest level of care for newborns in the Northwest Metro. Should your newborn arrive early or with health problems, our Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) has specialized equipment and highly trained staff to provide your babies with the best care possible.
- We treat everyone with traumatic injury, from infants to adults. Our Level II Pediatric Trauma Center designation means we are able to provide immediate care to infants, children and adolescents with life-threatening traumatic injuries.
- Patients prefer our Hope Chest Breast Center. In patient experience surveys, the Hope Chest Breast Center repeatedly receives a 100 percent “willingness to recommend” score.
- We care about your safety at home. SafeJourney is our hospital-based domestic abuse advocacy program. The services are free and confidential, and are available to community members as well as to our patients who do not feel safe in a relationship or who are victims of abuse. SafeJourney is one more way we care for the whole person.
- Our facilities are second to none. Our space is designed to care for women and children in one premier and unique area. From newly updated private rooms to two dedicated family lounges, we meet the needs of the whole family.