When treating a stroke, successful recovery is all about time. North Memorial is recognized by the American Stroke Association as a Target Stroke Honor Roll Hospital. A team of highly-trained professional, backed by a comprehensive stroke program, employs best practices to rapidly assess and treat stroke patients.
The North Memorial Difference
- We lead the way in stroke care. We were the first hospital in Minnesota to be certified by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center.
- Our Stroke Program is nationally recognized. The Gold Plus Achievement Award recognizes North Memorial’s commitment and success in implementing excellent care for stroke patients. North Memorial's Stroke Program is also certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by Det Norske Veritas (DNV). This designation is awarded to stroke programs that effectively offer the most advanced treatment available while also demonstrating quality outcomes that exceed the national guidelines.
- We offer the latest treatment options. As a nationally recognized Stroke Center, we have access to the latest ways of treating stroke. By offering access to some experimental/new and evolving treatments to our patients, we are able to increase recovery options.
- North Memorial’s Stroke Program offers the full circle of clinical and supportive care. From awareness and prevention, to our inpatient stroke unit to our rehabilitation and recovery support services, our broad network of specialists provides stroke care at Robbinsdale and Maple Grove campuses.
- Quality measures set us apart. North Memorial was one of the first hospitals in the Twin Cities to implement stringent data collection and analysis. We continually track multiple quality indicators in an effort to evaluate and enhance our performance.
- We are a national leader in clinical research. Our Stroke Center is recognized nationally for its participation in, and contribution to, both National Institutes of Health (NIH) and industry-funded trials.