North Memorial’s speech pathology professionals evaluate and treat patients who may have conditions that cause difficulty with communication, thinking and swallowing.
Our program offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient speech pathology services for pediatric and adult patients, and oversees our Intensive Aphasia and Concussion Management programs.
The North Memorial Difference
- Our Intensive Aphasia Program is unique. North Memorial’s speech pathologists oversee the Intensive Aphasia Program, which is one of only six in the world.
- We’re trained to treat concussion-related conditions. Our speech pathologists are an integral part of North Memorial’s Concussion Management Program.
- We treat everyone, from children to adults. North Memorial offers comprehensive inpatient & outpatient speech pathology services for pediatric and adult patients.
At North Memorial, our speech pathologists oversee and manage the Intensive Aphasia Program and the Concussion Management Program. They also provide pediatric speech pathology services and speech pathology services during the acute stage of hospitalization.
Also part of our program:
Technology in Speech Therapy
Our speech-language pathologists encourage patients to communicate through the skills they have while supplementing with the latest technology. This approach benefits pediatric and adult patients with congenital, acquired or degenerative communication and/or cognitive deficits. Some of the technology we use includes:
- Speech output devices
- Various computer software
- Internet-based applications
Videolaryngeal stroboscopy is an advanced method of visualizing and digitally recording and storing images of the laryngeal structures, including the vocal folds. Patients are typically referred for this non-invasive procedure by an otolaryngologist (ear, nose and throat specialist). By performing this more in-depth evaluation of the vocal fold tissue, the patient, physician and therapist have more information necessary to develop an appropriate plan of care for treating voice disorders and other vocal fold conditions.
This service is available at the following locations:
Maple Grove, Minnesota