To be a Level I Trauma Center, a hospital must meet certain criteria such as quick access to trauma surgeons and other specialists, specific imaging and diagnostic capabilities, and participation in injury prevention and research efforts. We offer all of these services and more.
As a Level I Adult Trauma Center and Level II Pediatric Trauma Center we are pleased to provide quality trauma education to providers caring for injured adult and pediatric patients. Learn more about our educational opportunities:
North Memorial collaborates with community partners to provide injury prevention education on various topics to the communities we serve. Some of the current initiatives include: bike helmet safety, water safety, youth drug and alcohol prevention, child passenger seat education, violence prevention and childhood injury prevention.
Our specialized, 24-7 surgical capabilities include:
- Board-certified general surgeons with added qualifications in surgical critical care
- Complex vascular surgery
- Minnesota’s premier plastics and reconstructive surgery team
- Neurosurgeons with a special interest and demonstrated commitment to trauma
- Treatment of complex pelvic fractures and other high-energy orthopedic injuries
- Unique interventional radiological capabilities such as our dedicated endovascular suite
North Memorial is among the select hospitals in the Upper Midwest operating a Trauma Center with Level I Trauma verification – the highest a trauma center can achieve.