The North Memorial Difference
- We provide confidential, compassionate care in a hospital setting. SafeJourney is a hospital-based domestic abuse advocacy program that provides a compassionate and informed response team of both trained medical personnel and volunteer advocates.
- Help is available around the clock. 24-Hour Advocacy Phone: 763-581-3940. SafeJourney’s services are free and confidential, and are available 24/7 to community members as well as for patients of North Memorial Medical Center and Maple Grove Hospital.
- SafeJourney Mission. SafeJourney was founded nearly 20 years ago with a mission of providing support, information and advocacy to individuals and families who do not feel safe in a relationship and empower them to implement a safety plan.
- SafeJourney Philosophy. SafeJourney treats individuals with dignity and respect and provides them with the support and advocacy they desire to achieve their goals. Our ability to effectively respond to domestic violence depends on a collaborative relationship with community services and informed, educated, responsive health care professionals. Together, they address the medical, safety, emotional and economic needs of those whose lives are shaken by intimate partner violence. We believe that in order to make informed decisions, individuals need access to information to know their options and available resources.
Services Provided by SafeJourney
- 24/7 advocacy services by skilled volunteers who provide a lifeline for victims and their families in need of safe housing, orders for protection, financial assistance, documentation of injuries, and individual safety planning
- Domestic abuse support groups
- Individual appointments
- Legal advocacy
- Community and professional education
Domestic abusers can and do monitor their victims' computer use. If you are in danger, or concerned for your Internet use being known, please exit this site and use a safe computer. Delete this site from your browser's "History" file if possible.
Call 911 if you are in immediate danger. Call the Minnesota Domestic Violence Crisis Line at 1-866-223-1111 for support and resources if you are in Minnesota. Outside Minnesota, call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233).
Both men and women, of any gender orientation, can be victims of domestic abuse. The vast majority of victims/victims are women; the vast majority of batterers are men. For language simplicity, this website may refer to victims as women, and batterers as men.
For non-emergency questions or comments, email SafeJourney@northmemorial.com or call 763-581-3942.
This service is available at the following locations: