At North Memorial, our Emergency Department exceeds national best practice levels for quality of care, turn-around times and patient satisfaction. For example, recent initiatives have helped us process lab results in less time than the national average, allowing caregivers to more quickly assess a patient's condition and render appropriate treatment. And for cardiac patients, we've taken steps to streamline access to the catheterization lab - expediting care and improving outcomes. In addition:
- North Memorial exceeds the national average of door-to-balloon time for individuals suffering a heart attack. On average, we are able to open the artery within 43 minutes of a patient’s arrival.
- North Memorial’s mortality rate from septic shock is between 12 and 19%, significantly less than the national average of 25%.
- North Memorial has been using tPA, thrombolytic (clot busting drugs) to open blocked arteries in the brains of patients suffering a stroke for 13 years, dramatically increasing the number of patients we are able to treat.
- North Memorial Medical Center was verified by the ACS as a Level I Trauma Center in 1998. In 2011 the Medical Center earned verification as a Level II Pediatric Trauma Center.
This year alone, we‘ve received the following awards from HealthGrades, the leading healthcare ratings provider:
- Recipient of the HealthGrades Emergency Medicine Excellence Award™ for 3 Years in a Row (2010-2012)
- Ranked Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Emergency Medicine for 3 Years in a Row (2010-2012)
- Five-Star Recipient for Emergency Medicine for 3 Years in a Row (2010-2012)