North Memorial's Department of Pharmacy Services provides care in the inpatient setting 24/7 and utilizes a decentralized pharmacy model. Pharmacy clinical services include, but are not limited to:
- pharmacokinetic monitoring of aminoglycosides and vancomycin;
- renal dose adjustment program;
- intravenous to oral medication conversion program;
- therapeutic interchange program;
- warfarin dosing program;
- post-op cardiac surgery insulin management;
- medication reconciliation;
- medication therapy management (MTM) services at our outpatient clinics;
- parenteral nutrition;
- antimicrobial stewardship.
Residents also have the opportunity to complete a quality improvement project, precept and are teaching assistants for doctor of pharmacy students from the University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy, and provide in-services to pharmacy and other health care providers. North Memorial's staff pharmacists are actively involved in teaching residents.
For more information contact:
Krista Gens, PharmD, BCPS AQ-ID
Residency Program Director