North Memorial’s Family Birth Center provides services that help you relax and enjoy a safe and health pregnancy, embrace your birth experience and learn how to care for your baby.
The North Memorial Difference
- We offer compassionate and supportive care. We provide services that help you relax and enjoy a safe and healthy pregnancy, embrace your birth experience and learn how to care for your baby.
- We’re equipped to address the most simple or complex birth. Our comprehensive labor and delivery service, an in-house obstetrician and neonatal nurse practitioner are all available 24/7 at the Family Birth Center.
- North Memorial is a IBCLC Care Award recipient for staffing with professionals who are certified by the International Board of Certified Lactation Examiners as part of our maternal-child health care team.
At North Memorial, we believe your birth experience should be as close to the way you want it as possible. Giving birth is natural, regardless of the techniques used in the process or the type of health care professional involved in supporting you. Because of this philosophy, the Family Birth Place is equipped to handle the most simple or complex birth, including high-risk care from our Maternal Fetal Medicine Center or the support of our Level III Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU).
Some features of our program:
- Tours of our Family Birth Center (Register online.)
- Childbirth classes (provided by Amma Parenting)
- Web Nursery
- 24/7 inhouse obstetrician for emergent needs
- 24/7 neonatal nurse practitioner in house for emergent infant needs
- Dedicated c-section suites
- All OB and nursery services are on the same floor
- Large labor and delivery suites with bubble tubs in each room
- Separate private post partum rooms
- On-site lactation consultation
- On-site Women’s Wellness Shop for breastfeeding supplies
- Donor breast milk, if requested, for baby (While generally not covered by insurance, North Memorial covers this medical expense.)
- Leaves of Love Program – celebrate the arrival of your new baby by placing his or her name on our Leaves of Love mural. Learn More.
- 24/7 OB anesthesia services available
- Pre-Admission forms you can complete in advance for your convenience and additional resources
If you have questions regarding birth preferences, childbirth classes, or Labor and Delivery Unit tours, please contact us at 763-581-3750.
This service is available at: