Our accredited, award-winning Concussion Management Program uses highly-regarded ImPACT software to provide baseline testing as well as post-concussion testing at locations in Elk River and Maple Grove.
The North Memorial Difference
- We perform the most tests. Since our program began in 2007, we have administered over 5,000 baseline tests to schools and youth associations throughout the community to focus on the prevention of concussions along with providing education and awareness of the injury.
- Our program is accredited. Our concussion management professionals are credentialed ImPACT Consultants (CIC). ImPACT (Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing) is the first, most-widely used, and most scientifically validated computerized concussion evaluation system.
- We’re recognized in concussion management. North Memorial was a finalist for the HealthPartners Innovation Award for 2012.
At North Memorial, our concussion management program strives to:
- Provide an effective, efficient, and appropriate community service to help manage individuals with concussions;
- Maintain a team approach, keeping all of the necessary professionals involved, including family physicians, from beginning to end; and
- Offer concussion education to those involved in the medical profession, the academic setting, the workplace and the individuals and their families.
One of the tools we have available is ImPACT – Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing. Developed by the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, ImPACT is a software tool used to evaluate multiple aspects of neurocognitive function, including:
- Brain processing speed
- Reaction time
- Post-concussion symptoms
North Memorial’s Concussion Management Program is managed by our Speech-Language Pathology Department . As speech-language pathologists, we have experience with the assessment and treatment of variety of severity levels of brain injuries, and therefore are able to provide specific recommendations, accommodations, and potentially therapy if the patient's cognitive abilities are compromised from the concussion for a significant period of time.
As part of our program, we provide the following services:
- Baseline Testing: Cognitive testing prior to sustaining a concussion, such as before the start of an athletic season).
- Post-Concussion Testing: Cognitive testing once a concussion has occurred. This can be scheduled through program whether the individual has a baseline or not.
- If there is no baseline testing on file, a normative sample will be used to assess the individual's cognitive performance.
Service available at:
Get Directions 763-520-5690
Maple Grove, Minnesota
Get Directions 763-581-9100