The North Memorial Difference
- Our emergency care covers a large geographic region. Our Emergency Department is the “central hub” of an extensive emergency medical service providing care for a large part of Minnesota and parts of Western Wisconsin.
- Our emergency department facilities are second to none. Our emergency department design is a model for EDs all over the country. Separate entrances for families from the outside corridors and staff from the central hub provide additional patient privacy. We have 36 private patient care bays, four large critical care suites, and separate “Fast Track” care area with an additional eight beds.
- We‘ve received the following awards from HealthGrades, the leading healthcare ratings provider:
- Recipient of the HealthGrades Emergency Medicine Excellence Award™ for 3 Years in a Row (2010-2012).
- Ranked Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Emergency Medicine for 3 Years in a Row™ (2010-2012).
- Five-Star Recipient for Emergency Medicine for 3 Years in a Row™ (2010-2012).
The North Memorial Emergency Department is the “front door” to the hospital, providing immediate care to patients and connecting them with multiple specialty providers and services when appropriate. The department serves a broad range of patients, from neonatal resuscitation to acute cardiac, stoke, sepsis and trauma care. Tele-stroke care is also available.
Highlights of our emergency department:
- Door to tPA (stroke treatment) time for stroke is less than 60 minutes
- Overall patient satisfaction rating is 90%
- ACS Level I Adult Trauma Center
- ACS Level II Pediatric Trauma Center