At North Memorial Humphrey Cancer Center, we believe that being informed about your diagnosis and receiving support during your journey with cancer are important parts of your treatment. There is no way to eliminate all of the emotions, worries and uncertainties of a cancer diagnosis, but when you speak with others who experience similar feelings, you can gain insight and the strength often needed during this unexpected time in your life.
Among the many education and support programs available through our Humphrey Cancer Center are:
- Patient-family support groups, including: Cancer Caregiver's Group, and Cancer & the Family Series for adults, children and teens
- Diagnosis specific groups that meet regularly, including:
- Breast cancer
- Lung cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Cancer pain management
- Trained volunteers for assistance and support
- American Cancer Society representatives and programs
- Take-home literature and audio/video materials.
For more information about cancer education and support programs at North Memorial, please call 763-520-5285.
This service is available at: