North Memorial’s NICU offers the highest level of care available in the northwest metro for the most critically ill neonate. We offer family-centered developmental care from the birth of the critically ill neonate all the way through discharge.
The North Memorial Difference
- Our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is a Level III nursery. We offer the highest level of care available in the northwest metro for the most critically ill neonate.
- Round-the-clock medical coverage for your convenience. Our NICU offers 24-hour coverage by board-certified neonatologists and certified neonatal practitioners who are available to meet your baby’s every need.
- We have the latest in technology and treatment options. We offer advanced respiratory care such as high-frequency ventilation and inhaled nitric oxide with the support of our highly trained staff.
Should your newborn arrive early or with health problems, our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is staffed by University of Minnesota Physicians. We offer family-centered developmental care from the birth of the critically ill neonate all the way through discharge.
Ours is a multidisciplinary approach, offering such services as physical, occupational and speech therapies; social services; lactation consultant; pharmacists; nutritionist; and respiratory therapists.
Highlights of our NICU:
- We provide comprehensive care for extremely low birth weight infants, 23 weeks and greater.
- Our newborns remain with the same nursing staff throughout their entire stay from critically ill to going home.
- We are able to provide donor breast milk to all newborns upon need and/or request of breastfeeding moms.
Our nearby Neonatology Follow-up Clinic provides developmental assessments of infants at high risk for developmental delays based on diagnosis or complications during prenatal or neonatal life.
For more information about our NICU, call 763-520-5580.
This service is available at the following locations: