North Memorial has provided emergency and professional education to healthcare professionals for over 40 years. Our programs are approved by the Minnesota Medical Association (through the AMA), Wisconsin Nurses Association (through the ANCC) and meets standards set by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians. North Memorial also seeks approval from other professional organizations for approved continuing education when programming is relevant for those groups (i.e. social work, respiratory therapy, etc.)
Use our online registration tool to view detailed information about courses we offer, or download a printable course catalog.
North Memorial's annual Long, Hot Summer Conference is designed for those with an interest in pre-hospital and emergency care of the acutely injured patient - nurses, paramedics, EMTs, firefighters, dispatchers, police officers and others.
- For 2015 conference details and schedule of events, click here to download the brochure.
- To register for this year's conference, click here.
Continuing Medical Education
North Memorial Health Care is accredited by the Minnesota Medical Association (MMA) to sponsor continuing medical education for physicians and takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of CME activities.
North Memorial is an approved provider of nursing continuing education for healthcare providers. This includes the Wisconsin Nurses Association Continuing Education Approval Program Committee, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
North Memorial is one of the largest providers of emergency care training in the upper Midwest. Our comprehensive program includes:
- Variety of course to meet the needs of emergency care providers including prehospital care providers, RNs, MDs and the general public
- Customized training for industry, organizations, community groups.
- Long, Hot Summer - one of the most anticipated, highly attended annual EMS education conferences in Minnesota
- A passing rate of 88 percent for EMT students taking the National Registry exam (national average is 66 percent)
Please contact the nearest training center for class locations near you:
Twin Cities (763) 581-2450
Alexandria (320) 763-9460
Marshall and Redwood Falls (507) 627-1160