The Family Birth Place at North Memorial is proud to offer a nurse midwife program, providing personalized, attentive care to families who choose this childbirth option.The program focuses on women’s healthcare, including:
- Pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum care
- Family planning services, including contraception counseling and management
- Routine gynecologic needs, such as annual exams
The North Memorial Difference
- North Memorial midwives believe that pregnancy and birth are natural processes, and are committed to meeting your individual needs and wishes for your birth experience.
- We encourage and support labor options, including position changes, massage, aromatherapy, the birthing ball, water immersion as well as waterbirth, and pain medication.
- North Memorial nurse midwives are supported 24/7 by North Memorial OB physicians (called Laborists) so patients receive some of the most comprehensive obstetrical care in the Twin Cities.
Meet our Midwives at a Sept. 16 Open House
Our certified nurse midwives are: Diane Banigo, CNM, Teresa Jarvis, CNM, and Brigette Mastel, CNM. Meet them and tour North Memorial's Birth Center at our upcoming open house on Tuesday, Sept. 16 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at North Memorial Medical Center, 3300 Oakdale Ave. N. in Robbinsdale. Look for the event in the Vance DeMong Room on the plaza level of the hospital. Parking is free.
This service is available at: