The Family Birth Place at North Memorial Medical Center is proud to offer a nurse midwife program, providing personalized, attentive care to families who choose this childbirth option.The program focuses on women’s healthcare, including:
- Pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum care
- Family planning services, including contraception counseling and management
- Routine gynecologic needs, such as annual exams
The North Memorial Difference
- North Memorial midwives believe that pregnancy and birth are natural processes, and are committed to meeting your individual needs and wishes for your birth experience.
- We encourage and support labor options, including position changes, massage, aromatherapy, the birthing ball, water immersion as well as waterbirth, and pain medication.
- During labor & delivery at North Memorial Medical Center, our nurse midwives are supported 24/7 by OB physicians (called Laborists) so patients receive some of the most comprehensive obstetrical care in the Twin Cities.
This service is available at: