The Family Birth Place at North Memorial is proud to offer a nurse midwife program, providing personalized, attentive care to families who choose this childbirth option.
The North Memorial Difference
- North Memorial midwives believe that pregnancy and birth are normal processes, and are committed to meeting your individual needs and wishes for your birth experience.
- We encourage and support labor options, including position changes, massage, aromatherapy, the birthing ball, water immersion as well as waterbirth, and pain medication.
- North Memorial nurse midwives have the ability to collaborate with North Memorial Laborists (OB physicians who are on site 24 hours a day, seven days a week) to provide some of the most comprehensive obstetrical care in the Twin Cities.
- The program focuses on women’s healthcare, including:
- Pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum care
- Family planning services, including contraception counseling and management
- Routine gynecologic needs, such as annual exams
Meet Our Certified Nurse Midwife
Click here for more information about our board-certified nurse midwife, Brigette Mastel, CNM.
This service is available at: