Services available include, but are not limited to, the following:
- First Trimester Screening utilizes ultrasound measurements and blood chemistry to provide risk assessments for Down syndrome, Trisomy 13 and Trisomy 18.
- Maternal Serum Screening; including Non-invasive Prenatal Screening (Verifi) is designed to identify pregnant women who could benefit from prenatal testing for Down syndrome, open spina bifida and certain other birth defects. These tests are done on a maternal blood sample and therefore pose no risk to mom or the developing baby.
- Obstetrical/Comprehensive (Level II) Ultrasonography is a detailed ultrasound offered beginning at 18 weeks gestation to screen for anatomic variations seen in some babies. Our high resolution 2D, 3D, and 4D ultrasounds allow us to image the baby to diagnose many types of birth defects.
- Fetal Echocardiography is detailed imaging of the baby’s heart. We also work closely with the pediatric cardiologists to help diagnose and treat babies with congenital heart defects, both prior to and following delivery.
- Genetic Consultations are available with one of our board certified genetic counselors review your detailed family history and to discuss risk factors for birth defects for your unborn child. Genetic counselors educate you about the tests that are available to help diagnose abnormal fetal conditions, as well as the risks and benefits of these tests.
- Perinatal Consultations: Maternal-fetal medicine specialists are available to speak with you before and during pregnancy to discuss high-risk conditions of you and your baby, so that you can have a complete understanding of the risks of pregnancy.
- Chorionic villus sampling (CVS) is an invasive procedure that can diagnose chromosome conditions with 99% accuracy performed between 10 to 12+6 weeks in pregnancy
- Amniocentesis is an invasive test that can diagnose chromosome abnormalities with greater than 99% accuracy performed after 15+ weeks in pregnancy.