Lifeline is a simple-to-use personal response system, linking customers to 24-hour emergency assistance at the push of a button. North Memorial volunteers install Lifeline and in some instances, help underwrite the cost.
The North Memorial Difference
Promotes safety and peace-of-mind in home settings
Provides positive customer experiences through on-going support, education, and technical assistance
A patient's home is often where they are most comfortable, surrounded by everything that is familiar. But for seniors, it is estimated that more than half of all falls that result in injury happen at home. North Memorial's Philips Lifeline can help patients maintain independence, while providing family members with peace of mind.
An individual may benefit from Lifeline if:
- Are alone for several hours during the day/night
- Have fallen in the past year or are afraid of falling
- Have a chronic ailment such as heart disease, stroke, COPD, diabetes, and arthritis
- Uses cane, walker, wheelchair, or other devices to walk/balance
- Takes several daily medications
- Requires assistance with bathing, toileting, dressing, or meal preparation
How North Memorial's Philips Lifeline works:
- Summon Help - When help is needed, press the Personal Help button, which activates the CarePartner Communicator.
- Professional Intervention - The CarePartner Communicator then dials the Lifeline Response Center and establishes two-way voice
- Personal Response - Within seconds, a Personal Response Associate accesses the patient's profile and quickly assesses the situation.
- Closed Loop - Next, the Associate contacts a neighbor, loved one, or emergency services based on the patient's specific needs. The Personal Response Associate will follow up to ensure that help has arrived.
To learn more about Lifeline or to schedule an installation, please call (763) 581-3911. Special offers may be available to family members of North Memorial employees. Lifeline equipment options and pricing can be found here. An application for Lifeline services can be downloaded here.