How to Start an Exercise Program
Are you confused about how to start an exercise program? Getting in shape doesn't have to be complicated. Small changes can have a big impact. Simply adding an evening walk on most days of the week is a great way to begin. To see greater improvement, develop an exercise program with the help of our friendly experts and online tools.
- How to Start an Exercise Program. Take this handout with you to your primary care provider to get a personalized plan for healthy exercise:
- Find Time to Exercise. Schedule your workout so that it remains a priority. Having trouble finding the time to exercise? Use this Exercise Time Finder to find blocks of time where you can schedule healthy physical activity.
- Watch Videos. Watch these helpful videos to learn about different ways to begin an exercise program. Or see a list of resources for workout programs you may do at home.
- Set Up a Personalized Program. Work with a specialist at the Institute for Athletic Medicine to develop an exercise program that meets your specific needs.
- Diabetes Activity Program. Learn more about working with an expert from the Institute for Athletic Medicine to meet your specific exercise and diet needs.
*Before you begin any exercise program, be sure that you are healthy enough for physical activity. Meet with your primary care provider for more information.
Connect With Us!
We're here to help. Check out our blog, find us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for support, recipes, shopping tips and ideas for healthy eating. See North Memorial Medical Center's list of weight loss related services and learn how we can help you to reach your goals.