Four Essential Skills for Losing Weight
Losing weight can be challenging. Learn these basic skills so that healthy choices are easier to make. These weight loss tips will also help you to keep your diet on track at difficult moments throughout the day.
- Evaluate Portion Size. Choosing healthy foods is important, but eating the right amount of food is critical to weight loss success. Use our meal planner plate as a guide, or download and print the guide for estimating serving sizes to learn correct portion sizes of commonly eaten foods.
- Become a Positive Thinker. Negative thinking and self-doubt can interfere with your weight loss efforts. Use positive self-talk to counteract pessimistic thoughts. A North Memorial behavioral health specialist can help you to set realistic goals and create positive habits that can bolster your confidence and help you stay on track with your weight loss plan.
- Meet with a behavioral health specialist.
- Track Your Progress. Recording important information every day will help you to figure out how to make your weight loss plan a success. It will also help you to identify the important challenges that stand in the way of weight loss success. Use one of the tools below to record data:
- Read the Nutrition Facts Label. Successful weight loss begins with understanding the basic components of the foods you eat. The Nutrition Facts label appears on almost every packaged food and provides important information about the food that you eat.
Connect With Us!
We're here to help. Check out our blog, find us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for support, recipes, shopping tips and ideas for healthy eating. See North Memorial Medical Center's list of weight loss related services and learn how we can help you to reach your goals.