- About North Memorial Ambulance
- Community Service
- EMS Education and Training
- Career Opportunities
- Bill Payment Information
North Memorial Ambulance’s Wisconsin Region is served by three separate cost centers covering over 1500 square miles in beautiful northwestern Wisconsin. North Memorial began ambulance operations in November of 1989 in Burnett County (with stations located at A&H, Danbury, Grantsburg and Webster) providing both ALS and BLS care. In 1990, North Memorial entered into a service contract that provides EMT-Intermediatre Tech level care to the surrounding municipalities of the Spooner/Shell Lake area in Washburn County. In addition to these two primarily 911 areas, the Wisconsin Region also provides 24/7 inter-facility critical care/advance life support transfer service to local hospitals.
Our staff of more than 70 people is comprised of Paramedics, EMTs, EMT-ITs and Registered Nurses. Our local ambulance fleet is comprised of more than a dozen vehicles (Type II and Type III rigs), plus an off-road 6x6 vehicle and a Disaster/Communications trailer that is designed to handle large scale M.C.I. responses.
We're affiliated with and receive medical direction from North Memorial Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center in Minneapolis.
In addition to emergency medical care, we provide employment for local residents and support for area businesses. We recognize the importance of educating citizens about our services through outreach presentations and station tours for schools and the general public. We're proud of the strong working relationships we've developed with area public safety and first responder agencies and are proud to have provided many of them with EMS training and equipment donations.
Examples of our local partnerships include:
- Participate in multiple health and career fairs, provide community blood pressure screenings and various school educational functions.
- Work with local high schools in support of the “Mock Prom” crash re-enactments and provide “Personal Safety” training to all 5th grade elementary students.
- Provide ambulance standbys at County Fairs, demo derby’s, tractor pulls, school sporting events, and many community / civic events.
- Involved with local Rotary Clubs
- Established the Burnett/Washburn County Critical Incident Stress Debriefing that helps public safety personnel deal with/process significant critical/high stress events.
- Participate in the Burnett County Fire Association.
- Work collaboratively with local amateur radio club (NorWesCo) that performs radio support through RACES in emergencies.
- Participate in multiple RTAC’s (regional trauma advisory committee)
- Actively involved with planning for public health emergencies and community disaster drills.
North Memorial EMS Education offers one of the most expansive, successful training programs of its kind.
- First Responder (Initial and Refresher)
- EMT-Basic (Initial and Refresher)
- CPR and AED Training (Initial, Instructor and Refresher)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS - Initial and Refresher)
We desire EMS professionals who embrace North Memorial's vision: “To give our patients and their families compassionate, remarkable care”.
A career with North Memorial Ambulance is rewarding. We are proud of the outstanding working relationships we've developed with the local first responder and law enforcement agencies within our service area.
If you are interested in joining our team, click here to visit our Human Resources section or to learn more about career opportunities at North Memorial Ambulance, call us at 715-866-7990.
Should you have any questions regarding a bill, we are happy to assist you. Please call our billing office to speak with a customer service assistant: 800-535-6720 or to pay your bill online click here.