North Memorial Trauma Services offers an Acute Concussion Clinic that serves individuals who have ongoing symptoms related to a concussion within the past 30 days.
Services include a provider visit with experts in concussion care who offer:
- Treatment planning
- Coordination with rehab services
- Information about recovery
- Help returning to daily activities, work and sports
- Consultation with your family doctor and other providers involved in your care
Concussions & Kids
It is estimated that there are 50,000 sports- and recreation-related concussions occurring in Minnesota each year. At North Memorial's Concussions & Kids event, you'll learn from leading Trauma and Speech Pathology specialists about the risks, how to identify symptoms, the current best-practice treatment of concussion, and the importance of annual baseline screening. The event is free, but please pre-register below.
- Wednesday, November 12, 2014
- 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Maple Grove Community Center, 12951 Weaver Lake Road, Maple Grove, MN 55369
- Free parking is available
The Acute Concussion Clinic works in conjunction with our Speech Pathology Department to offer ImPACT, or Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing, the most-widely used, and most scientifically validated computerized concussion evaluation system.
Clinic hours are Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
This service is available at the following locations: