North Memorial’s certified lactation consultants guide you every step of the way through your breastfeeding journey, while you’re in the hospital and after you go home.
The North Memorial Difference
- North Memorial is a IBCLC Care Award recipient for staffing with professionals who are certified by the International Board of Certified Lactation Examiners as part of our maternal-child health care team.
- Our consultants are highly trained. Our lactation consultants are certified by the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners, and are available to help you through your breastfeeding journey.
- We’re available to assist you. We provide inpatient visits, phone consultation and outpatient visits to answer your questions or provide support.
- We launched Minnesota's first breast milk depot to accept breast milk donations for mothers who are unable to produce milk for their infants.
- We have supplies on site for your convenience. North Memorial’s Women’s Wellness Shop has many breastfeeding necessities and unique products.
For our patients' convenience, all of our registered nurses have excellent breastfeeding training. Our certified lactation consultants are also available for more difficult breastfeeding issues. Mothers can meet with a lactation consultant for advice and reassurance during their stay, or contact a lactation consultant for help when you are home.
We offer outpatient lactation support. These services are by appointment, fee for service, and covered by many insurance policies. Consultants provide assistance with:
- Poor weight gain
- Latching on difficulties
- Sore nipples
- Low milk supply
- Preterm infants
- Medications and breastfeeding
- Back to work questions
- Support and encouragement to parents
- Weaning information
For more information to schedule an appointment, please call 763-581-8340.
This service is available at the following locations: