North Memorial’s tradition of remarkable care is consistent, whether on the ground or in the air. With bases in Bemidji, Brainerd, Princeton, Redwood Falls and Lakeville, Air Care, our medical flight transportation service, can respond 24/7 to all of Minnesota and portions of Wisconsin, Iowa and the Dakotas.
The North Memorial Difference
- Air Care is staffed by experienced, high-performance teams. Our flight nurses and paramedics have years of critical care experience, having served at high-volume intensive care units, emergency departments and ambulance services.
- We care for adults and pediatric patients. Our medical flight crews have additional training to provide the highest level of care for adult and pediatric patients alike.
- Our helicopters are the fastest. Air Care owns and operates seven Agusta 109 helicopters, the fastest civilian helicopter on the market.
Depending on weather conditions and terrain, crews can often respond directly to the scene of an emergency. While we are affiliated with North Memorial Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center in Minneapolis, we will transport patients to and from any appropriate facility.
In addition to medical flight transportation, Air Care crews provide a variety of training opportunities for emergency care providers – at both the volunteer and professional levels.
- Air Care was founded in 1985.
- Air Care crews respond to more than 4,500 request for service every year.
- Our twin-engine aircraft can fly at speeds up to 180 mph.