Our Joint Replacement Center is all about helping people get back to the activities they enjoy, faster and with less pain. That’s why we have designed an experience in which joint replacement is a goal-oriented, team-based process from pre-surgical education through recovery. In addition to knee replacements and traditional hip replacements, North Memorial has the area's most experienced orthopedic surgeons in anterior hip replacements.
The North Memorial Difference
- We’re leading the way in joint replacement surgery. We were one of the first in the Twin Cities to have a dedicated joint replacement center, specializing in knee replacement surgery, shoulder replacement surgery and hip replacement surgery.
- We do more anterior total hip replacement surgeries. Our orthopedic surgeons have done more anterior total hip replacement surgeries than any other hospital in the state. We have averaged more than 100 surgeries per year – that’s nearly 600 surgeries – since we opened in 2008.
- Our group-oriented approach to care is better for patients. Pre-operative classes teach what to expect before, during and after your surgery; group physical therapy helps during your recovery. Patients participating in group education and physical therapy typically get back to their everyday activities faster.
- Our team is dedicated to total joint care. From our board-certified orthopedic surgeons to physical therapists specializing in total joint care – including knee, hip and shoulder – ours is a team-based process from pre-surgical education through recovery.
- Our program is award winning. For four years in a row, Healthgrades® has rated North Memorial Medical Center with 5 stars for joint replacement surgery. Additionally, Blue Cross and Blue Shield has identified North Memorial as a Blue Distinction Center+ for Hip and Knee Replacement.
 HealthGrades is the leading health care ratings provider.